NHS Complaints are Changing

From 1 July 2023 how you can make a complaint about GPs, dentists, opticians or
pharmacy services is changing.

There are two ways you can complain:

  1. Directly to the healthcare provider
  2. To the healthcare commissioner

The healthcare provider is the organisation where you received the NHS service, for example GP practice or dental surgery.

The commissioner of the service is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received for example NHS England or the Integrated Care Board (ICB).

After 1 July 2023 if you want to make a complaint about primary care services to the
commissioner you will now contact NHS South West London Integrated Care Board instead of NHS England.

You can do this by:
Telephone: 0800 026 6082
E-mail: contactus@swlondon.nhs.uk
Writing to us at: NHS South West London
ICB, 120 the Broadway, London, SW19 1RH
Search ‘How to complain to the NHS’ to find out more

Watch the NHS video below for more info: