If you’re not able to buy pasta, this recipe is quick, easy and only uses 2 ingredients!
If you don’t have a pasta machine to roll and cut your pasta, a rolling pin and knife works just as well. These measurements will make enough for 2 hungry people. You can make larger quantities by adding more flour and eggs, just make sure for every 100g of flour you use, you add another egg.
- 200g ‘00’ flour (or plain flour)
- 2 Eggs
- In a large dish place your flour and create a well in the centre
- Add your eggs into the well
- Using a fork, start to combine the flour into the eggs until you get it to a consistency where you can start to use your hands. Continue to bring together with your hands until you have a dough
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for around 5 minutes.
- Shape your dough into a ball, cover with cling film and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Once you are ready to use your pasta, take your dough and begin to roll it out on a floured surface until you have it to the thickness you want (ideally 2-3 millimetres)
- Take the longest edge of your dough and roll it up
- Take a sharp knife and cut into sections around 1 cm thick.
- Place your pasta into a pot of boiling, salted water. Cook for 3 minutes, then check it and if preferred, continue to cook for another minute or 2.