- This event has passed.
Sunflower Dementia Cafe
June 4 @ 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The Sunflower Café is a monthly gathering where Carers of people with dementia can, with or without the person they support, meet in a friendly and welcoming environment to share experiences, access information about dementia, coping strategies, obtain peer support and make friendships over tea, coffee and refreshments.
The Sunflower Café is held on the 1st Saturday of every month from 1.30pm to 4.00pm at Mount Court, Weimar Street, Putney, London SW15 1AJ.
If you are interested in coming along to the Café or volunteering, please contact Laura Breadon on 020 8877 1200 or email: Laura@wandsworthcarers.org.uk
Parking: Limited paid parking is available on the street outside Mount Court.Public Transport: Putney Train Station is around 10 minutes walk away. The 14, 39, 74, 85, 93, 424 and 420 buses all stop approximately 5 minutes walk away.
What you can expect at the Sunflower Café:
- The Sunflower Cafe runs from 1.30pm to 4.00pm
- When you arrive, you will be greeted by one of our volunteers or staff and asked to wear a name badge (This is not compulsory)
- Your temperature will be taken, and you will be invited to take your seats
- Tea, coffee and light refreshments will be provided
- From 2.00pm – 3.00pm there will be a Carers peer support group. Whilst you attend the group the person you care for will be supported to engage in an activity with staff and volunteers
- From 3.00pm – 4.00pm we will have entertainment, usually performers or a group activity, such as relaxation
Please bear in mind
- The cafe is a safe space for you and the person you care for. whilst staff and volunteers are available to support and help engage people in the session and activities provided, we ask that you ensure the person you care for is comfortable and support any additional needs they may have whilst at the cafe
- We cannot assist with helping people to the toilet or help mobilise in their wheelchairs, as our staff and volunteers are not trained to do this