Would you like to make a difference for Carers and families supporting someone with a mental health condition, from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority communities in Wandsworth?
Carer and Family Outreach Worker
Salary: £140 per 7 hour day (£20 a day)
Period of employment: 10 months from date of appointment, 1 day a week, 43.3 days in total
This project aims to address the wellbeing of people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority communities living in Wandsworth with mental health problems and their families and Carers. This project will work to identify and address the difficulties this group of Carers, (including young Carers) experience accessing support for themselves and the person they care for.
This role involves:
· Networking with families and organisations
· Identifying provision and best practice
· Engaging Carers in training and wellbeing activities
· Developing and cofacilitating a Carers Forum for Carers of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicities
· Providing personalised support to families
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience of facilitating groups and or forums
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
· Knowledge and understanding of mental health and the experience and support needs of unpaid carers
· Lived experience of caring for someone experiencing mental ill health (Desirable)
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a current comprehensive CV and cover letter stating how your skills and experience match the requirements of the job description and person specification.